Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm Ready for Another Fun Adventure!

Well, I'm getting ready for another fun adventure. This time my friends and I are driving down to Fresno this morning for some FUN, FUN, FUN! In fact, this will be my first trip to Central California. We're going to meet up with a few more friends in the evening and dance, and "rock out" like there's no tomorrow! I hear the weather will be warm & beautiful, so I can't wait! Upon my return, I will let you know all about my little expedition and the five "creatures" we saw!

I am now happy to say that I finally got my promotion! YEAH! I started my "new" job on the 6th. I'm gradually getting into my new position and will welcome the new responsibilities as they come. However, my former boss just hired two new people to take over my old job and now we have a full house!

Lastly, about two weeks ago, I was on one of those social networking sites checking my e-mail when I noticed my 21-year-old nephew's status: "Just joined the Air Force." :( I automatically started feeling tearful and retrospective. Several months back, he mentioned it to the family that he was considering joining. Well, now it's official. I guess part of me was upset because of the way he presented it and, of course, I don't want to see him go. Later that day, he came over to the house and explained his reasons for joining. He's very excited that he's going to get the opportunity to continue with school and that he'll be able to travel around the world. All I want for him is to be happy and safe. I just pray that he isn't sent overseas.

Stay tuned for a recap of my adventures!

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

I'll be here...waiting to hear how it goes! Woot woot! I bet whatever you do, it'll be the "right stuff." ha ha I'm so funny, NOT. LOL.

I'll pray that your cousin stays safe and sound.

Little Sister Pixie said...

Actually, it's my nephew (my sister's son) and thank you!

I'm so tired & sleepy, but will fill you in on the details soon!