Friday, August 1, 2008

He did a good, good thing!




My good friend, Heather, who I've known since the 3rd grade, invited me to go see Chris Isaak in concert last night. I've always enjoyed Chris's music because he reminded me of 50's and 60's singer, Ricky Nelson, whose Rockabilly music I've enjoyed. My friend is a big fan of Chris's music and, well, I've just been converted!

Isaak puts on a great show! I just love the custom-made outfits he wears and he's got a wicked sense of humor! My friend & I were having a debate about how old he was & I figured he was either in his late 40's or early 50's. Well, he's 52!! Chris definitely has some good genes & looks GREAT for his age! He also easy on the eyes. :)

By the way, after the show, Chris was going to come out & sign any merchandise fans bought, so my friend & I waited in line. Well, after dealing with this overzealous fan, who was behind us, we were quickly moving up the line towards his table when the overzealous fan was flagged by the venue's staff to stand in front of the person before my friend! I thought that was a stupid move on their part. Anyway, so Chris makes his way towards Heather and I, and Heather doesn't say anything, so I said, "Tomorrow is her birthday" (which in fact it is). Chris wished her a Happy Birthday & drew a b-day cake on the t-shirt [which he actually designed. I must say, he's a great artist!] she bought and he signed the photo she bought too. As we were about to leave, he shakes her hand like any person would when meeting for the first time. Then when he shakes my hand, he gives me a buddy shake! I thought that was funny, but I'll tell you this much: His hand was sweaty and firm. Wish I had never let go of it!! ;)

Chris Isaak is such a cutie!! I can't believe this was his first time playing the venue we saw him at. I hope he comes back next year because I'd go see him again!!

5 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

All I can say is wow, HOT. I loved that Wicked Games video. It makes me sweat a little just thinking about it. *blush*

Little Sister Pixie said...

How come all the cute ones are still single and musicians?! ;)

Penny Lane said...

Whoa 52?!? I had no idea. He is hot. And hotter now that I know he's nice too! Mmm gonna have to go listen to him now...

Little Sister Pixie said...

No arguments here! I wish I would've bought his Greatest Hits CD so I could've had him sign it. Hey, at least I got a sweaty handshake in return! lol ;)

Girl in Carolina said...

Hey L, do you have a facebook? if so...let me know. I switched over there because so many people were on there that were not on myspace (old college friends, etc)

Now...we need an update missy. Miss your postings! :)