Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Year Older & My Last Adventure for '08

birthday Pictures, Images and Photos






Well, it's that time of year again when I can add another laugh line or wrinkle to my face. Yes, I celebrate another birthday! I can honestly say that this year has been like a roller coaster...I've had a few ups and downs. I had a little health scare in early August, but thank God it was just a false alarm. I was laid off in early January, which put me in a funk the next few months. Not long after did I hear a rumor that a certain 80's singing group, who I loved as a teen, was reuniting. Once the rumors were true, my life started getting a little better.


Speaking of that group, as you know, I was fortunate to have met them twice this year. Will it be 3rd times the charm come next week? Whatever is meant to happen will happen. Unfortunately, I don't have VIP tickets this time around, but I do have great seats! My friend M and I are headed to Southern California to see the last two shows: San Diego on Nov. 25th & LA on the 26th. We leave for LA on the 22nd, attend a special event {I'll fill you in on the details later} on the 23rd, and will then drive down to San Diego & stay with my niece on the 24th. My other niece is flying in on the 24th and she, her sister and I will be attending the SD show together, while my friends T & M will in the VIP section. My nieces have NEVER been to an NKOTB concert and I can't wait to tell them the surprise on the day of the show: our seats are right next to the B Stage! This is the rotating stage in back of the arena, where the guys will head to in the middle of the show and will perform a few songs. I'm going to do my best to catch Jonathan's attention again because, after all, his birthday is on the 29th! Finally, M & I drive back to LA on the 26th to see the guys for the last time this year. I'm going to be so sad when it's all over. Well, at least I have something to look forward to for next summer!


I really intend to enjoy myself during my little vacation/adventure. I'm going to meet up with a few other Blockhead friends--some from the Bay Area & others from So Cal--at both shows. Then hopefully on the last day we're in town, three LA friends and I are planning on getting together to celebrate our fabulous November birthdays! :) Hey, who knows. Maybe I'll run into Michael Vartan while I'm in LA. That would totally make my year!


Details to follow upon my return, on Thanksgiving Day. :)

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

I'm so happy for you and may this be the BEST birthday for you EVER. I'm telling you, you have to get your little Blockhead booty over to the East Coast one of these days and we'll go tour Savannah! :)

Have fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Rebecca Jo said...

Jealous!!! NKOTB didnt come anywhere close to me!!! Have a great time!