Friday, April 16, 2010

A New Beginning

"What appears to be the end may really be a new beginning." ~Unknown

I've been a little lax lately in blogging, but once again I've had nothing to report...until now.

Exactly one week ago today was my last day at work. I was at this job for almost two years and was promoted last April; however, the promotion didn't last very long because then the entire organization was affected by budget cuts. After this happened, I wasn't too happy working there. The office wasn't drama-free and I was basically working for "peanuts" now. From that point on, I told my employer that I was going to be looking for another job. Initially when I accepted this position, I was informed that I would only be allowed to work a certain amount of hours. Well, I completed those hours last Friday & they came up before I could say, "Stick it where the sun don't shine!" (Just kidding!)

I absolutely HATE having to look for a new job! It always leads me to analyze what a potential employer might be thinking about when they read my resume. Well, so far I've been on two interviews: The first one occurred a month ago and when I called their HR Department two weeks ago, they said they were in the middle of conducting background checks. This organization plans to drag this out for a while, so I'll continue to wait patiently (*insert sarcastic remark here*).

In the meantime, I've been applying at different companies and actually got called in for an interview this past Wednesday. As I was speaking with the interviewer, she told me about the job and mentioned that she was very impressed with my cover letter. She asked me about my qualifications and I reiterated to her that I'm definitely qualified for the job. One thing I already have going for me is that I live 10 minutes away from their office, whereas some of the applicants have a commute because they live in the Bay Area. Personally, I have a good feeling about this job and I'm intending that I get it because I believe it'd be a "stepping stone" to my future. And if they decide to pass on me, then it wasn't meant to be and it'll just give me an incentive to keep looking. I just hope I can find something sooner than later.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

nicee :)
cool blog you have right here

moochelo.blogspot.com