Monday, March 19, 2012

O, Ye of Little Faith


Lately I've been feeling like 'throwing in the towel' with regards to a goal on my bucket list, which I thought was going to happen. I just think I may have 'sat' on the idea for too long and now it may be too late. :-(

It's been almost three weeks now that I emailed my query letter to four different online publications about a story I wanted to write and received the ok to do in the future. Well, I have not heard back from any of the publications I emailed. In addition, I emailed my story subject to try scheduling an interview with him since I was going to be in close proximity to where (I imagine) he lives, but I haven't heard back from him. I'm beginning to feel like this goal will never happen. At this point, I'm about ready to give up.

One thing that I feel that I tend to lack sometimes is confidence, especially when it comes to writing. Yes, I've had my work published before, but sometimes I feel like I don't have the right connections in order to make things happen. Or when I know things are too good to be true, I don't act upon them right away and then end up losing out on a great opportunity.

I just wish that the 'powers that be' (in this case, these four publications and the story subject) would sometimes just take a chance on someone who's trying to get 'their foot in the door.'

In other news, I'm frantically looking for employment that will work around my school schedule. Honestly, I browse through job postings every single day and lately there doesn't seem to be much out there. Someone recently told me that I should consider cold calling the companies I might want to work for. Unfortunately, the ones I'm interested in are not anywhere near where I live. I'd rather find a job within a reasonable driving distance of where I live rather than find something where I'd have to travel an hour away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to stay positive that I'll be able to find work within the next month or two.

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Crossing fingers for an amazing opportunity to come up for you. You deserve it bc you are so talented and you work hard!

Little Sister Pixie said...

Thank you my friend. :-)