Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A possible Monkees reunion in the works



Could the rumors be true? I saw the above photo floating around The Monkees's official Facebook page today. In addition, Michael "Mike" Nesmith may have already spilled the beans when he posted the following message on his FB page this morning: "We may be coming to your town."

As much as I'm anticipating reading the official announcement, which is coming tomorrow, I'm a little sad that this is happening because of the passing of front man Davy Jones.

I would have loved to have seen all four Monkees perform together! I missed out when Mike joined the other three guys on stage during their 20th anniversary tour stop at the Greek Theatre in L.A. in 1986. I finally had the opportunity to see Davy, Micky and Peter perform in 2001 in San Francisco, Davy and Micky in 2002 and finally Davy, Micky and Peter in July 2011 in Saratoga--where I got to meet all three and take photos with each of them. A dream come true for me!

If Micky, Peter and Mike end up reuniting this year or in 2013 for a U.S. tour as a tribute to Davy, then I'm all for going! I just hope they don't schedule a concert date near my area during a week night because I have school and I really need to pass this (last) class! :-)

*Note, as of 12:30 a.m., Aug. 8: Well, a happy early birthday (it's in Nov.) to me is in order because Mike Nesmith just posted on his FB that he, Micky and Peter will be performing 12 concert dates in Nov. in the U.S. YIPEE!!! Now I'm just praying one of those dates is in Calif. and near my area. :-)

0 comments: