Friday, October 5, 2007

Being at the right place, at the right time

So I wandered in to my local Office Depot yesterday to buy a few things. As I am perusing the calendar section, I see this really cute guy out of the corner of my eye. Where did he come from?! As I proceed to the pencil aisle {where there are so...many to choose from}, I see the cutie walking towards me, so I make eye contact [he had the nicest blue eyes] & smile. I think he must've had a lot going on in his mind because all I got was a pleasant smirk out of him. Anyway, so I proceed to ask an employee if they have any '07/'08 calendars in stock & he regretfully tells me "no." So I walk to the check-out stand and within a few minutes later, I see Mr. Cutie coming towards me! He is standing right behind me! What do I do?! Do I say anything, like, "Hello"? Nothing came out of my mouth. :( Nonetheless, I managed to check his left hand/4th finger, to see if he was wearing a wedding band. Nope, no band! I know this really doesn't mean anything because some guys are married & don't wear their ring, but, hey, it was worth a shot! So both of us are standing there waiting our turns when finally it's my turn. The cashier rings up my purchase (ink, monthly planner & 3 mechanical pencils--which I swore I would never buy until I finished using all of my regular, old school, #2 pencils!) & when she tells me the amount, I hurry to find enough cash, which I end up giving her most of it. As she takes my moolah, she closes her drawer before she can give me my change. I start to get this feeling that she's new. So as soon as I get my change, I leave. I get in my car and because I'm really curious, I decide to kill a few minutes until Mr. Cutie walks out of the store with his purchases. Well, he makes his way out with his exec. chair & file folders. Hmm...must be for his home office. As I begin to pull out of the parking lot (we're parked on opposite sides of each other), he pulls out at the same time. Well, he sees that I'm pulling out, so he gives me the go-ahead. I wish I would've motioned "thanks", but I didn't. I hurry out of the parking lot only to notice that he went the other way. As our cars were about to meet @ the stoplight, I made a sharp right @ the light & headed north. Ok, I think I lost him for good. :( Yet again, I missed another opportunity to talk to some random, cute guy just because I'm so damn shy!

I'm finally on the freeway heading north--to go home. As I get off @ the central exit, I see that two cars behind me is Mr. Cutie. Is he following me?! As the truck right behind me makes a turn, Mr. Cutie is literally right in back of me! I think to myself, "Is that really him?" As we both proceed to drive, I notice that he's still right behind me, until he turns into what I think is a parking lot. Well, now I really lost him for good. :( I'm still curious {that's the journalist in me}, so I drive once around the entire block and look for his car. A-ha! I see that it's parked off the street. I then start putting 2+2 together and realize that I've seen Mr. Cutie before.

I start searching the Internet {yes, I am an aspiring journalist/writer} & type in a few keywords, only to find out that he is affiliated with an art gallery here in town. It turns out that he's one of the bosses, so he was buying stuff for work. This guy looked really young (I say young because he looks around my age or a little older!) to be a business owner, but, hey, all the power to him.

Hmm...I say that one of these days--when I'm not swamped with homework--I'll have to make my way over to where he works, and say hello. Hopefully, I haven't missed another opportunity at finding "Mr. You-Know-Who"! :)

1 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Hey - thanks for posting to my blog recently! :)

I love this post because this happens to me all the time...I see a cute potentially single guy...and then I clam up and don't talk to them! It's like I expect them to make the effort. *sigh* ;)