Monday, April 21, 2008

My First Article!





Reality has finally settled in! I'm happy to report that my article has now been published!! YEAH!! I just received my copy last Saturday, so the rest of the viewing public will have a chance to read it this next week! :)


I noticed that after I had e-mailed the publication with my final edits in March, they added or changed a few sentences/phrases. One example is the final sentence at the very end of the story. I wrote something different and what they changed it to just doesn't make gramatically sense to me. In addition, I found one or two typos. I know, I know, no one's perfect, but I distinctly remember the editor telling me that they pride themselves in their work and making sure that all their "i's" are dotted and that their "t's" are crossed. Well, I guess this is all to be expected in the publishing world. Overall, I'm pleased with the final product, which came out to six pages. :)


I will e-mail my blog friends the link to the article soon! Unfortunately, the online version of the publication only has room to post the story; therefore, no photos will be included. Hey, what matters the most is that my name is on the story! ;)

1 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

CONGRATS!!!! How awesome!!! You should be really proud of yourself!!! :) I can't wait to read it!