Saturday, July 9, 2011

A High School Reunion...off schedule..once again


Who has an 11-year high school reunion? Or an even better question is who has a 21-year high school reunion? Well, both answers would be MY high school graduating class!

Recently, a former h.s. classmate of mine created a group reunion page so that other classmates could be up-to-speed on news about our impending reunion. The organizer posted that our reunion would be held next summer in correlation with c/o 1992's 20th reunion.

Several years back when I received word that our 10th reunion wasn't going to happen, the one thing that came to mind were the Senior Steps. These steps, which were located in the Senior Quad, were painted with our classmates names. However, these steps didn't get painted with all of our names on them until a few weeks to a month AFTER our Senior year began. Nevertheless, we ended up having an 11-year reunion with only about 65 people attending; there were approximately 270 graduates. So I guess you can say that our class was NEVER organized! Oh, and some things NEVER change!

And it looks like I volunteered to help two other classmates locate some of our classmates. Luckily, most of them are on Facebook and I have several already on my friends list. But for those few that aren't accounted for on FB (yes, it's hard to believe that in this day in age, NOT everyone has a FB account or even knows what a social networking site is), then we'll have to figure out a way to find those classmates. Luckily, I only know of 3 classmates who aren't on FB, but who I know how to contact otherwise. Hopefully the task of finding these people will be easy and quick!

And by looking at the recent posts that my classmates have been leaving on the reunion page, it looks like many of them want to help. :-) Hopefully we'll all be able to work together in making this a spectacular 3-day event! Of course I'll be blogging more about the progression of our plans as the months pass by.

**And in other news, I can't wait until tomorrow because I'm attending a very special event! In fact, I've been waiting about 35 years for it to happen! More details to come later. :-)

0 comments: