Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!



Today is my birthday and I'm celebrating a very special one this year! Let's just say I'm old enough to drink, old enough to remember who shot J.R. on "Dallas" and Brandon and Brenda Walsh on "90210" (the original shows, not the new versions), yet I'm still too YOUNG to qualify for a senior discount or collect Social Security! ;-)

This past Sunday, my parents, my sister, my brother and one of my nieces (my oldest niece and her hubby, and my nephew couldn't make it since they live out-of-town and out-of-state) and I went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had dinner at a nice restaurant, which is located about 20 minutes south of where I live. When we all finished our respective dinners, I was the only one who did not bring home any leftovers. At one point, the waiter shows us an array of desserts and we tell him that we won't be ordering any dessert tonight. Then about 5-10 minutes later, a few waiters and waitresses came to our table and brought me a cowboy hat to wear, and then sung "Happy Birthday" to me. They also brought me an ice cream sundae with one candle lit.

However, today on my actual birthday, my good friend "C" took me out to lunch. Then I had an errand to run and then celebrated a low-key dinner at home with my family, minus my niece, who had to work this evening.

I would just like to say that I'm very thankful for being able to celebrate another birthday. I'm also grateful for my health, the roof over my head, my friends and most of all my family. :-)

I hope this new milestone brings me many more opportunities and helps me get closer to accomplishing a few of my lifelong goals within the next year.

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Happy Birthday friend! I'm thankful for you!

Little Sister Pixie said...

Thank you, friend! The feeling is mutual. :)