Friday, January 11, 2008

Good news!

I recently e-mailed the Editor of the publication {the same one where I had applied to in Nov.} that I had submitted my profile story to and asked her if she had read the story. This was her reply:

"Yes and it's a great start! I gave it to the Managing Editor and we'll get back to you when we can. Right now things are crazy, but yes, I'm going to put it in the May issue. So it may be a little while before we get back to you again, but I'm happy with what you sent. Great job!"

I am SO ecstatic! If I understood and read the e-mail correctly, I'm getting my FIRST article published! :) I have to go out and celebrate! :)

So I went to go pay for my schooling, parking, and books today. I was told that I owed $36, so as I went to pay for it, the clerk told me that my scholarship was taking care of it. I told her that I still hadn't received my parking permit, which I so desperately need. The clerk said that they mailed it to me today. Why does the school wait until the last minute to do this? I don't think I should have to pay any additional money when I've already paid for it! She told me that if I didn't receive the permit by the first day of class, which is this Monday, then I'll need to go to the Campus Police and let them know my situation. Ughhhhh!! The things I have to deal with in order to get a good education.

Speaking of education, I just found out my grades & am very pleased with myself. I received a "C" in Food & Nutrition, a "B" in Philosophy, and (drumroll, please) an "A" in Journalism (Magazine Writing)! This also deserves a celebration! ;)

I went by "Mr. Cutie's" POB this afternoon, but I didn't see him around, so I didn't bother going in. :( I could have used some hot cocoa, but I know there's going to be another opportunity to go in & say hello, SOON! :)

0 comments: