Friday, January 4, 2008

Storm Watch: A bad start to the New Year




Around this time every year, my area experiences terrible weather. Today has been no exception! It has rained all night and all day, and I've seen trees down and many areas closed due to the flooding. We're due for a series of 3 major storms with hurricane force winds, which aren't typical around here. One storm has already passed and we're expecting two more this weekend. Thank God my neighborhood has been spared from any flooding.

I went in to work for a few hours today and as I listened to my co-workers' radios and/or their Internet radio connection [I have yet to get a phone or computer of my very own, after having been at my job for 1 1/2 years!], I was thinking, "Gosh, God must really be mad at us for something we did or didn't do!" When I was younger, I used to be a "worry wart" and all rainstorms and thunderstorms would have scared the living daylights out of me. Now that I'm older, it doesn't scare me as much.

I do pray that nothing really bad happens to my loved ones, myself, or my community.


3 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Those storms have been scary! I've been keeping up on the news of this crazy weather. I hope you and your family stay safe!!

I need to get a new computer myself, for at home. Let me know if you hear of any good deals! :)

Girl in Carolina said...

That is some crazy weather! I hope you and your family stay SAFE!

Happy New Year!

(PS Sorry if you end up getting 2 posts from me. I posted one, but for some reason it never showed up.)

Little Sister Pixie said...

Thanks for your concern and Happy New Year to you too! We're usually spared from all the flooding, but a few streets--especially the main thoroughfare--and some businesses got flooded.:( I can't wait for summer!

If you're going to buy a new computer, do NOT buy a Dell or Mac! I bought my Dell (from Hell) PC new six years old (it's now considered "old") & I had a lot of problems with it within the first year. I hear that PCs & laptops are now going down in prices. You should try looking to see what kind of specials Best Buy or Circuit City have.