Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day






Today is such a gorgeous day. It's about 70 degrees! The last week or so, we've been having some great weather, which I'm grateful for. However, I think we're due for some rain tomorrow or Tuesday. :( I'm not a big fan of the rain. All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to summer!

I already ventured out and went for a walk/run. Now if I can only keep up my exercise routine is a different story. I need to make more time during the week to get more exercise. The problem is that I have a lot of homework and I can't seem to relax when I have school stuff going on. However, I know that if I continue working out daily, I'll stay healthy and ward off any future ailments.


The added bonus to exercising is shedding some pounds that I no longer want or need! Yesterday, I gave in to my Chinese food craving (I think the last time I ordered some was about 8+ months ago); I haven't eaten a candy bar (I love toffee) for a very long time; unfortunately, eating potato chips (Doritos "Cool Ranch"...yum! They go so well with my sandwich) isn't helping me any; and I need to give up eating breads/pastries. I really would like to learn to eat healthier, but it can be hard sometimes because food is GOOD!

The goals I'm setting right now are to exercise more and to control my food intake by eating portions. I know that in the end, it'll all be worth it! :)

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Good job on the working out! It's so hard to get motivated sometimes. But like you, I am loving this Spring weather!! :-)My downfall is sweets - ice cream and chocolate!

Jen said...

inspiring post! I always use the excuse that I don't have time. Nevertheless, I seem to make time to bake cookies and eat a bunch of them!