Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hanging Out with Mr. Cutie

I can't believe the great night I had last Saturday! My friend S and I, and her friend M, went to Mr. Cutie's POB (place of business). Before we headed over there, we had dinner at this restaurant I've been to many times before. The initial plan was that we would have dinner and then walk over to you-know-whose place because there was going to be live music. As soon as we finished dinner, we were nearing the stoplight to cross the street when who do I see but Mr. Cutie! I told my friend, S, "OMG, there he is!" Well, as we were about to cross the street, some guy on his bicycle crossed Mr. Cutie's path & they started talking...right in the middle of the street! I obviously couldn't say anything right then and there, so we continued walking. After we arrived at his POB, S and I ordered some wine. Mr. Cutie was no where in sight. I wonder where he had wandered off to. Well, about an hour later, he arrived. By that time, I had already finished my wine & unfortunately, I didn't get a refill because I had to drive home. Heck, I could have even walked home!

The entire time M and S were teasing me, but also encouraging me to go talk to Mr. Cutie. Well, about this time, more people came into his place and he was mingling with the regulars. Obviously, I am NOT a regular! I know for sure he noticed me, but the entire time I just kept talking to my friends. If I stared at him the entire night, I didn't want to give him the impression that I was totally into him! At one point, he started talking to the woman who was sitting at the large table in front of us (who was accompanied by several others) and had his back towards us. Shortly thereafter, he turned around & asked if he could take the chair that was at our (small) table, which wasn't being occupied. I think my friend, S, answered at the same time, but I answered, "Sure, go right ahead!" Ok, so I was really thinking of saying, "Hey, it's your place and you can do anything you please!" Maybe he thought we were expecting more people. Grrr! I let the opportunity to talk to him pass me up.

Since the music started late, we didn't leave until about 1 hour and 45 minutes later. I had to call it an early night because I had to try studying for finals and my two friends needed to drive back home. I didn't let S persuade me to leave through the door closest to where Mr. Cutie was. We ended up leaving from another side door, which was closer to me. I'm sure he noticed us leaving, but we had to go.

Of course I regret not initiating a conversation with Mr. Cutie beyond him asking me if he could use the chair at our table. I mean, HELLO, this is his place after all! You know what I really wanted to say was, "Instead, you should pull up a chair and join us!" Note to self: Work on my flirting techniques because it needs a LOT of improvement!

After we finally left, we walked around town and then resumed in the parking lot where our cars were parked. Of course, I wanted to kick myself for keeping quiet the entire night (ok, so I didn't want to interrupt him talking), but I have faith there will be a next time and that I WILL talk to him!

6 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Wow! Hey, don't beat yourself up. I would consider that a first step. You went there, you let him see you - maybe he's intrigued now? The next time, he'll probably be like, hey! There's that girl with sweet smile! And cue your intro....:) THAT'S when you make your move girl. I cant' wait to hear how this all plays out!! I wish I could go with you!!!!

Little Sister Pixie said...

Well, I do have a few angles I'm trying to work on, which will hopefully catch his attention!

CG, I wish you could come with me too! One day I do hope you'll be able to come visit me in "wine country"!

Ames ♥ said...

I wish you tons of luck in getting to know "Mr. Cutie" better :) I know it's hard to get up the nerve to talk to someone, but I am a firm believer in, if it's meant to be, it will happen! So just have fun and see where it leads!! Good luck girl!!

Little Sister Pixie said...

Thanks Amy! I do appreciate your advice & input. :)

Penny Lane said...

You're hilarious, Bridget Jones! I love it! Can't wait to hear about the first real conversation...then the fist real date oooooo!

Little Sister Pixie said...

Penny Lane, welcome back! And yes, I sometimes do feel like Bridget Jones! Anyway, it seems that I've also been absent from the blogging world! Haven't had much time to post, but hopefully I'll catch up to you & Carolina Girl soon!