Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Return of Mr. Cutie

Yes, I never thought I'd be saying this again, but I think my feelings for Mr. Cutie have returned!

I went to the grocery store today and ran into my friend, E, who has been working there for years. I felt bad that I haven't been able to talk/call her, so we chatted a bit and I asked her if she was going to attend the celebration that the city was throwing for the town we grew up in. She said she was thinking about it and I told her to give me a call if she decided to go. I was hoping she'd call because I really needed a distraction away from my studies.

By now it's about 1:30 or 2:00 p.m. and I walk over to E's house and then she, myself and her two kids head into town to check out the festivities. Before we arrived, we stopped by the store to buy some drinks and ran into our cousin (E is related to this cousin on her mother's side and I'm related on my father's side). We finally made it downtown and we were probably there about 30 minutes when I spotted Mr. Cutie! He was chatting with some friends, who were BBQing for the festivities. I told E that he was there, as I had suspected he would be.

I don't know her reasons for doing this, but E brought her camera with her and she said that she was going to take a photo of Mr. Cutie. Well, at one point, she said something to his friend (I can't remember if she knew him or not) and within a few minutes, she snapped the shot while I was several feet away. When we met up, E told me that he noticed she was taking the picture and was trying to get out of the way or just out of the shot. I hope he didn't suspect what she was doing!

I felt like E and I were going around in circles at this party, until we found ourselves in the wine tasting area. We probably stood in one spot for like 30-45 minutes when E recognized a regular from her store. I jokingly kept asking E, "Do you see my boyfriend around?!" She would then reply, "Yeah, he's standing right in back of you!" Literally, he was within a few feet away or within proximity of me and a few times, our backs were to each other. I noticed Mr. Cutie chatting with some friends, as well as some new ones, but I saw NO girlfriend in sight! Someone had asked him a question about where he lived and as I was trying to listen, there was some other commotion going on. Then I heard that he was going back in to the city tonight. Does he have another place that he resides in away from our town? I was trying not to make it obvious that I was checking him out and I think I pulled it off really well. Incidentally, when I first noticed him today, those butterflies found their way back into my stomach!

So after being at this celebration party for about four hours, it was time to go home. Our feet were killing us (we both wore sandals because it was such a gorgeous day today)! I thought by that time Mr. Cutie had left back to his place of business, which was around the corner, but I noticed him as we were trying to find a public restroom. Eeek!! I'm sure he noticed me, but again, I played it off like I didn't see him. You know, the least I could've done was make eye contact and smile at him like I did when I first saw him almost two years ago. I can't continue to keep letting good opportunities pass me by because I'm definitely not getting any younger! :(

Before we left the party, I ran into a high school classmate of mine, who I hadn't talked to in two years. We were talking about how we really should get together because we weren't able to the last time we spoke. I told her that as soon as I'm finished with finals, I would call her and see if she wanted to meet up for lunch. Hmmm...I think I know of a place to go grab some lunch at! Let's just hope he's there when I go!

The saga with Mr. Cutie continues...

1 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Now that I've seen his picture, I see why he's called Mr. Cutie!!! Hottie! :)