Monday, May 14, 2012

Airing Out My Frustrations



I try not to let too many things bother me these days. I've been trying to stay positive in hoping that things around me will get better. It's just a matter of being patient and letting things run their course, which are beyond my control. Well, today everything happened all at once.

Today was my last day meeting one-on-one with my (Advanced) Algebra tutor. This was my second semester having him as my tutor and he's been the most patient person I know. Well, today I just could not understand one problem he was trying to help me solve. It seemed like a very easy problem, but there were some steps I had missed, so part of the problem was wrong. At one point I told him that I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt like I was wasting his time. Needless to say, I didn't finish or solve the rest of the problem and worked on a few other problems after that, which I was able to understand.

No matter how hard I try to comprehend every lesson and/or every section in my math class, I feel like I have this block in my brain and that I'm always behind in trying to figure out how to understand what's being taught to me. :(

After feeling so frustrated, I also started thinking about my employment situation. :( I've struggled for the last two years in trying to find work. I recently started a freelance writing job, but freelancing isn't stable or long-term. So when I thought that things couldn't get any better, I come home to find an email from the editor at the freelancing job. She said she's going to have a writer's position available beginning June 1st and wanted to know if I'd be interested in speaking with her about it. I emailed her back and told her 'yes,' I'm interested.

One of my journalism classmates, who currently works as a writer for the same company, recently told me that his job is full-time and leaves him with little time for anything else. I plan on meeting with the editor to discuss the position SOON and when I do, I plan on finding out all the details about the job because finishing my education is very important to me, as is finding stable employment in what I enjoy doing.

This is going to be a difficult decision for me to make. Why can't I just win the lottery and not have to worry about any of this? ;-)



0 comments: