Sunday, June 24, 2012

A bad day turned into a better day



Last night after having watched the movie "Something Borrowed," I started feeling sort of sad and depressed. There was a quote or line in the movie where Ginnifer Goodwin's character 'Rachel' told something to Colin Egglefield's character 'Dex' which sort of resonated with me and the things I've been feeling lately.

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record, but I feel like I haven't accomplished everything I've wanted to in my life. However, there are certain things I don't have that I can't do anything about because they're totally out of my control. I wish I knew how to handle these types of situations because I feel like I'm totally clueless sometimes. I also want to make some improvements in my life, including being more outgoing, but there are just some things I would prefer not tackling alone. Then again, I came into this world alone, so I'm going to have to teach myself not to be afraid of taking the next step in trying to find what it is I'm looking for.

After having returned from brunch with my family--to celebrate a belated Father's Day and my mother's birthday--I noticed my crush tweeted me, which was in response to a general statement I posted yesterday about a movie (NOT the same film I spoke about here in this blog) I had seen the day before, which he was in and that meant a lot to him, which also happens to be one of my favorite films. Anyway, I had no idea he had a supporting part in the film. After he responded again, my disposition turned from bad to better. :)

In retrospect, I just have to keep reminding myself to think positive and have faith that everything will get better...one day.

"Sometimes you just have to forget about the things that make you sad and remember the things or people who bring joy into your life." ~Me

2 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

I hear you friend. I can so relate to her character in that movie. I feel like I'm always waiting, waiting waiting...and sometimes I want to scream WHEN IS IT MY TURN??? But then I try to focus on what IS good in my life and know that everything is going to be ok even when it's not.

Hang in there!! And know you aren't the only one :)

Little Sister Pixie said...

Thanks friend for your comment & for the reminder that I'm not alone in this journey. :)