Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Twitter: The Pros and Cons

As some of you may already know, Twitter is a social networking site that lets you connect with various people...either with your similar interests or who are in the same line of business as you are. When I first joined Twitter about three years ago, I thought to myself, "What is all the fuss about?" Well, after you receive a tweet/reply back or a direct message from one of your favorite artists/actors/singers/TV personality/authors, etc., on this website, well, I can totally understand now what all the hysteria is about!

I'll admit that Twitter has its good points and its bad points. Some bad points are that you'll get a bunch of spam on your timeline--either from other followers who demand their favorite artist's or musician's attention--or you'll receive a RT (retweet) from someone you don't know--especially if your Twitter page is not private--only because a certain celebrity has replied back to you and now every other fan of his/hers believes you're good friends with him/her, or when you see a friend or an acquaintance post something on there, such as a rant, and as you read it you might think it's a subliminal message being directed towards you.

The good points about Twitter is that you can read some of your friends'/acquaintances' replies--and some of them are funny or outrageous--and laugh your head off, or you can rant and rave all you want without involving any of your nosy relatives--who you only interact with on Facebook because you don't want them knowing about your other life on Twitter--or you tweet/reply to one of your favorite actors/actresses/musicians/authors, etc., in the hope that they see your reply--since there's a 100% chance they're not following you--and then you receive a tweet back from him/her not once, but twice--which happened to me about a week ago with one of my favorite actors! :)

One of the other perks is when you receive a tweet/reply back from one of your favorite peeps, such as a crush. Even though he may be following you and might be busy doing something else, you never know when he'll tweet you back..like mine did to me several hours ago. :-) These, by far, are my favorite type of tweets!

I sometimes like to refer to Twitter as the biggest fan letter I never wrote during my childhood to that once popular celebrity I used to like and now he/she can sometimes see my reply and tweet/write me back! LOL!

0 comments: