Saturday, June 16, 2012

My High School Reunion Saga



Well, my high school reunion is almost a month away and my classmates and I still have yet to receive any information on tickets and how much. Several classmates have been leaving posts in our FB reunion page asking if there's actually going to be a reunion and wanting to know where they can purchase tickets. All this information should've been given to us at least 2-3 months ago. I know it's no easy feat planning a reunion, but the organizer should have the decency to communicate with us and let us know what's going on. As far as we know, we have a date, time and we know the organizer placed a deposit down on a location.

*Side note: About a day or so after I started writing this post, our reunion organizer posted a link to our FB reunion page of a website she had created where we can purchase reunion tickets. And today she posted another message in our reunion page reminding us not to forget to buy our tickets because the price will go up once the date gets closer.

I find it ironic that we don't hear from the organizer for months and then the day after people are complaining, she posts a message with what we're asking for! And now she's constantly reminding us about buying our tickets. Yes 'S,' we hear you loud and clear that you want to be reimbursed for putting a deposit down to rent the facility where the reunion will be held!

Just another reminder that our class was NEVER organized and some things will NEVER change!

*Side note #2: Drama is ensuing regarding this reunion! Needless to say, some classmates are having second thoughts about attending the reunion. Seriously, some people NEVER grow up! I'm so glad I was never part of any clique nor was I a follower in high school. Also, the organizer is going to great lengths to get our classmates to attend this reunion. She's being very pushy with her posts, constantly reminding classmates about buying their tickets. I just nod my head and say, "Enough already!"

0 comments: