Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dose of Reality



Several months back, my niece told me about this store in a neighboring town where you can sell clothes you no longer want & possibly get some money back for them. So last Friday, I finally had time to go to this store to try selling my old pair of jeans. We waited for about 30 minutes when I noticed my niece's name was written on the board. Ok, so they finished looking at her stuff, but what about mine? I went up to the young store clerk & she told me that they couldn't buy any of my jeans. The good news for my niece was that they were buying some of her stuff. This was not a great night for me. :(


It turns out that this store only purchases items to sell to a younger democraphic, meaning if you're 25 years or younger OR you're under a size 7, they'll gladly buy your items. Sadly, all my 22 year old niece could say to me was, "Well, I sometimes see mothers in the store too." Yes, these mothers go to this store because they're selling their kids old clothes or because they are a size 0 to 4! Even though I'm trying my hardest to lose some weight, I'm NEVER going to be wearing anything that resembles what a teen or 20-something wears these days. Can I help it if I have curves that I prefer to cover? Also, do you know how hard it is to shop when you're height challenged? I dress to be comfortable, not uncomfortable. Ok, so maybe that's my problem. Whatever!


Btw, on our way back through town, guess who I saw heading towards us in the opposite direction? Yes, it was none other than Mr. Cutie. Boy, was he a sight for sore eyes! Actually, I saw a photo of him about two weeks ago in the local newspaper. The man sure knows how to dress for summer: t-shirt, shorts and flip flops.


On the bright side, I recently met two young women (both in their 20s)--on separate occasions--and we started talking about things when they asked me my age. One guessed 22 or 23 & the other 25. Then I told them my real age & they couldn't believe it! These compliments sure brightened up my day! :) I owe it all to my parents for my good genes!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Funny post. Dang I just hate getting older!

Girl in Carolina said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes! I had the same thing happen, except fortunately for me (sorry I couldn't have warned you) someone warned me before I went there! You're right - no matter how much working out I do, I'll NEVER and I mean NEVER squeeze my butt into those tiny jeans. Nor, do I want to :o) YAY for curves!

The getting older thing stinks - but lucky for you, you look like a baby! Woo hoo! Now, see if you can snag Jonathan...(is he married?)

Little Sister Pixie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Girl in Carolina said...

oh well in that case - go get your man!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it home for us!!! :) hee hee Don't listen to those haters. Gosh, he's so cute! I feel like a 14 yr old girl again! lol