Friday, June 6, 2008

A (K)night I will soon remember!




Ok, so my favorite band, New Kids on the Block (if you haven't guessed it by now) are coming to town! For weeks I had been wondering when they'd be touring the West Coast. Well, on May 16th, during their performance on the TODAY show, the new dates were announced and I am now on countdown mode! :)


I had every intention of going to the L.A. show, scheduled for October 8th, but opted not to go because of school and the fact that my friend, H6 (the # distinguishes her from the others since she & the other 5 have the same name), couldn't make it. Then there's the San Diego show, which is now taking place two days before Turkey Day. I plan on attending this show with my (almost--eek!) 25 year old niece, who lives in SD. I know two shows might be a bit too much, but hey, I'm making up for lost time! If I could attend more, I would. I've read that some other fans will be attending 4+ shows!


I still remember the first time I saw the Kids in concert, which was in December 1989 at the Oakland Coliseum Arena. Unfortunately, the last time I saw them was in April 1994 at the Konocti Harbor Resort. The Konocti concert didn't really count since Jon wasn't there. :(


However, I predict that the best concert ever & the one I'll never forget will be on October 10th, when 3 of my new friends (all women, of course) and I have VIP tickets for the San Jose show! Ok, so we have to drive about 2 hours, but it'll all be worth it! Our VIPs include a pre-party show, some cool gifts, awesome seats, and a meet & greet with the guys! Though my friends & I won't know exactly where we'll be sitting 'til the day of the concert, we're all ecstatic because our dreams are finally coming true! Someone pinch me because after 20 years, I may finally get to meet my celebrity/non-celebrity crush, Jonathan Knight! :)


I must say that 2008 started off a bit rocky for me for various reasons. I'd say, though, that within the last 3 months or so, I've felt a lot happier than I did before. I just have to remember to stay positive and be grateful for everything I do have!

1 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

I'm glad 2008 is getting better for you! :-) 2007 was a little depressing for me - I'm definitely feeling better so far as well. Here's to a great year for us! (and how could it now be with NKOTB back together? Yay!)