Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Night at the Movies







Last night, I didn't have to venture very far to see a movie. I turned on the TV and started watching The Notebook. I know this movie came out in 2004, but I never got around to watching it the first time.

Now I know why so many women fell in love with this movie. It had its sad moments, yet it was very romantic. Ok, I'll admit that I cried my eyes out during several scenes. I don't think I've ever cried so much while watching a film. Call me a hopeless romantic. Anyway, it's the typical scenario of boy meets girl, then boy loses girl, then girl finds boy before she marries someone else hoping there still might be a chance with boy, and then she must choose who she loves more...the poor, down-to-earth boy or the rich, All-American boy? You get the point. And of course you know how the movie ends...they live happily ever after despite a few obstacles. Don't you just wish the "happily ever after" part could happen in real life? Yes, I do too, but life just isn't that simple.

I do have to say that if I could go back in time, it would probably be to the 1940s. I loved the clothes and the styles from this era, and the music was pretty mellow too.

1 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Isn't this movie the best ever??? I like chick flicks as much as the next girl, but this movie took that to just a whole other level. Have you ever seen the MTV movie awards a few years ago when Ryan and Rachel were voted Best Kiss? If not, you have to go check that out on You Tube. It's awesome. Too bad they aren't together anymore in real life!